Wednesday, May 8, 2013

BBQ pizza

I am traveling today for work and when ever I head out of town I try to sample something local for dinner rather than the typical chain restaurants or fast food. Tonight I am hunkering down in wonderful Crawfordsville Indiana at a holiday inn express. Nice right? A last minute decision to try to get close to the highway for an early departure and avoid all the college traffic in Lafayette IN. Anyhow, at the recommendation of the front desk....and multiple yelp reviews I decided to try Johnny Provalones pizza and Italian cuisine.  The pie of choice seemed to be BBQ bacon burger (specialty pizza) and it did not disappoint. What appeared to be the owner rang me up and personally thanked me for coming in. Something you don't typically get at a chain. I urge you to ask around the next time you leave home for a good place to eat...it's much better than that crappy shit that you get at subway or Applebee's. 
It also pays to venture a little bit further down the road...crawfordsville is actually a pretty cool mid-western town with a lot of really old buildings and some interesting history. 

Here are some google map images of the restaurant and mainstreet.


No comments:

Post a Comment