Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Not As Easy Anymore....


Contrary to what you believed when you were eighteen; life gets exponentially more complicated as you start tacking years on. I always thought once I graduate high school things just get easy and I cruise to the next stage. That next stage came I couldn’t wait to get out of college and land a job and start making the “big bucks”. What actually happened was a hard slap of reality. Fast forward 10 years, 2 kids and a house, things are not as easy as I imagined it would be. Lots of things my parents warned me about when I was younger are defiantly truths.  I think back to that time where I really thought the world was out to get me and realize that that period was by far the most stress free time in my life. Don’t get me wrong, Life is good now…much better than I would have ever imagined back then, it’s just more complicated. I never dreamed I would have a job that is essentially all or nothing venture, nor did I ever think we would have two kids I absolute adore and love more than anything. I never worried about the future and what it would hold…I just took a line and rode it for a while until something else came along.

Time has a funny way of idling dreams and transforming your views on the world. We (Ali and I) have been very fortunate to have found each other so early in life and we both have very similar views on what direction to go next.  We have been lucky to make the right decisions together for ourselves and our kids. I have no regrets and we have worked damn hard to get to where we are at.

Sometimes it’s easy to lose sight of all the things you have done in the past to get you to where you are now.  We have a pretty good track record so far…..










No comments:

Post a Comment