Monday, January 16, 2012

KC BBQ

Got to make a trip to KC last week for work and sample some BBQ in the very home of BBQ (Depends on who you ask) Normally I am by myself, but I had people in for a meeting the following day so we went out for some food. This is the second time I have been to this particular location in Overland Park KS and my expectations were set a bit high…..
Jack Stack’s BBQ…..a more upscale kind of place with a triple fold menu of varying tastes. I had the opportunity to hit the original location in Lenexa KS a few years ago and was blown away by the flavor and quality….This time not so much. I tried a few things….the burnt ends. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Defiantly a mass produced kind of feel to it. I often wonder why some places don’t adopt the mentality of “When it’s gone, your too late” and just put a good product out for people to fight over. Also had a slab of the Baby Backs…..again felt mass produced. Missed a lot of the Smokey flavor I am used to and the sauce was so so.  The best thing on my plate that night was the Coleslaw.
Mr. Stack…you have let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment